In an effort to improve function, independence, and communication, River Bend Nursing Center is proud to provide the following rehabilitation services to our residents.
Our team of respiratory therapists evaluate and treat individuals who have trouble breathing or those with respiratory associated illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, bronchitis and sleep apnea.
Respiratory therapy services include:
- Nebulized Breathing Treatments
- Ventilatory Assistance
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education
- Assistance with CPR
- Airway Management
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on the identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following an evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Helping the patient to walk
- Assisting the patient with moving in a wheelchair
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our goal is to promote healing and prevent recurrence for each resident’s wound. We care for wounds gently and respectfully, developing a custom treatment plan fit for each individual in their unique stage. Our specialized team monitors each wound site for signs of infection.
We provide residents with quality mental healthcare. We understand that all residents may experience psychological and adjustment challenges when entering a skilled nursing center and we are here to assist with these changes in a positive way.